It's Competition Time!
TWR #100 Competition
So here we are at issue #100 and 30 years. What else could we do but stage a monumental competition to mark our dual anniversay?
Thanks to Vicky Powell at Esoteric, Attila Egerhazi, Jo Hackett, Jo Greenwood and Alan Hewitt we have a veritable feast of prizes to give away.
The lucky first prize winner will receive a goody sack containing:
A paperback copy of Phil Collins' autobiography Not Dead Yet
A tour programme from the Phil Collins Not Dead Yet tour
A copy of Phil Collins' The Singles album on 180gsm vinyl
A copy of Mike & The Mechanics Let Me Fly album on vinyl
A copy of Mike & The Mechanics Let Me Fly (radio edit) CD single
A copy of Anthony Phillips' Slowdance (re-issue) on CD
A hardback copy of Alan Hewitt's Genesis Revisited book signed by the author
A Djabe/Hackett 2017 T shirt
A limited edition (1 of 1) photoprint of Steve Hackett suitable for framing, signed by Steve and photographer Lee Millward
So as not to give your postman a hernia, these items may be sent in more than one package.
And if that's not enough, there are runners up prizes to be had.
We have one copy of Phil Collins' The Singles on 180gsm vinyl, one copy of Phil Collins autobiography Not Dead Yet in paperback, one hardback copy of Alan Hewitt's Genesis Revisited book and two copies of Anthony Phillips' Slowdance (re-issue) on CD to go to five runners up (one prize per person).
To be in with a chance to win some or all of these goodies, please provide answers to the following questions:
1. How many shows did Phil Collins perform on the first leg of the Not Dead Yet tour?
2. Name ALL of the soundtrack albums that Phil Collins has been commissioned to write for (this does not include compilation albums such as Risky Business or American Psycho as the songs used for these were not specifically written for the film; sorry but we've had some wacky and very lengthy answers that included TV slots and adverts which were way off the intention of the question. And no, the Cadbury's chocolate advert is not one of the answers!).
3. What was the venue for the last date of Steve Hackett's Genesis Revisited 2017 tour?
4. How many solo albums has Steve Hackett released (not including compilations or collaborations)?
5. What was the original name that Mike Rutherford came up with for the band before settling for Mike & The Mechanics?
6. How many albums has Mike & The Mechanics released?
7. Anthony Phillips and Mike Rutherford co-wrote the theme for a TV equestrian programme. What was that track called?
8. What was the title of Anthony Phillips' last studio album?
Please send your answers to email@example.com and remember to include your postal address.
The competition will close on 7th December with the prize draw happening soon after. Winners will be notified as soon as is possible.
The editors decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Helpful hint: if you are not sure of one or two of the answers, put down your best guess. In the event that no-one gets all 8 questions right, entries with 7 correct answers will be considered, and so on.
Stay tuned for more competitions in future issues of TWR.